Thursday, April 20, 2017

Finished: Solar Brilliance Crochet Doily by Julia Hart

Finally I am done with my solar brilliance crochet doily. It is beautifully blocked and placed on my TV shelf. I am so happy and satisfied. All those hard works of managing my 4 months old and crocheting at the same time really paid off. Here is the final look of my doily.

Solar Brilliance Crochet Doily. crochetandknitstudio.blogspot.com
Click here for the pattern

Crocheting this doily became really easy because of the detailed instructions given by the designer. But to be frank from round 14, I became a bit confused. To me it was completely fine up to round 13 but from round 14, there were few errors in the pattern and the explanation. The pattern lacks few explanations, and clarity. There were few typos as well.


Solar Brilliance Crochet Doily. crochetandknitstudio.blogspot.com


Here are few corrections as of me:

In round 14, the pattern calls for doing "sc around sl st of rnd 14" on line 2, but it should be "sc around sl st of rnd 13".

In round 15, it is said to "sk next 4 sc, sc in next sc, , ch 3, (dc in next dc, ch 1) 4 times" on line 2 but it should be "sk next 4 sc, sc in next sc, , ch 3, sk next 4 sc, (dc in next dc, ch 1) 4 times". The instruction to sk 4 dc after ch 3 is missing.

There are two problems in round 16. One on line 1 and another on line 2. The instruction to "(dc in next dc 2) 4 times" on line 1, have to be "(dc in next dc 2) 3 times" . And the instruction to do "ch 2, decrease, ch 2" is somewhat vague. It would be more clear if it is written as "ch 2, double dc decrease from 2 ch 3 sp, ch 2".

In round 17, it is written as "cluster, triple picot, ch 1, cluster) in next sp, (picot, ch 1, cluster in next sp) 4 times". I think there is error as well. As of me, it should be "(cluster, triple picot, cluster) in next sp, (ch 1, picot, cluster in next sp) 4 times".



Solar Brilliance Crochet Doily. crochetandknitstudio.blogspot.com



I have crocheted the doily based on the corrections I have written above. I do not know, I have done it right or wrong. I would appreciate if the designer review the instructions and check if it requires any corrections. I would be happy, if my notes can help her. I also want to see how your's one turned out if anyone of you done it before. Please share your project and thoughts in comments below, and do not forget to check my corrections.

I spent two days in crocheting this doily ( I know it took long time. My baby keep me busy always). I loved this pattern and would like to try other patterns of this designer. Once again, thanks to the designer for this lovely pattern and you guys who are reading this post.






1 comment:

  1. i m going to crochet this doily apu, will show u the result in sha allah 🙂

    ReplyDelete