Wednesday, April 19, 2017

My New Blocking Experience of Crochet Item

Well, here's my honest confession. I am crocheting from about 2 years now but never tried to block any of my crochet project before. I always wondered how people can crochet so perfectly that looks super professional. And finally I got to know the secret of blocking. I was especially lured by few instagram feed and decided I have to do it anyway. So this is the result.

Crocheting and blocking my Solar Brilliance doily by Julia Hart of Draiguna. crochetandknitstudio.blogspot.com


This beautiful doily is designed by Julia Hart of Draiguna and the free pattern is available on her website. I really loved every moment of crocheting this doily. What a marvelous work of art. All the different textures of each round makes it an unique piece. When I crocheted up to round 9, I thought, wow it would be a nice coaster. Then I proceeded to round 13 and thought ohh, it would look good as a dining table napkin. And after round 17, it became a beautiful doily. This is the beauty of this pattern. You can use it for different purposes. Before round 14, it's texture was quite different and it transformed it's look dramatically in next 4 rounds.

It was a great experience of crocheting this Solar Brilliance doily, the way it was named. It's surely a clever as well as brilliant design. Thank you Julia Hart.